The members of the service committee perform the important role of helping all Honors Program students complete the service requirement for graduating with honors. Each class selects one person to join the Service Committee; the co-chairs are elected b y the entire honors student body.
- Introduce students to the service requirement during orientation.
- Inform students of service opportunities.
- Organize service opportunities that provide at least 500 person-hours of service per semester. One person-hour is one hour of service for each person who participates, so an event for three people that lasts two hours equals 6 person hours.
- Maintain a record of participation in service for each member of the Honors Program.
- Promote a spirit of service in the Honors Program.
- Recognize extraordinary participation in honors service through awards and events.